Friday, July 11, 2008

Losing my comics: The Aftermath


Since I lost my comics this week, I noticed a couple of things. One, I'm not really, completely upset about it. Yes, it was a lot of comics, but it open my eyes to my wants and needs. I didn't need all of them and it did take up a lot of space. Some them were impulse buys for no particular reason at all.

The next thing I noticed was realization that I had a lot of crappy comics. Some series I kept out of loyalty, but why? They were so bad, for example, X-Force was cute for 20 issues, but after that it sucked. The are several series I can do without, some of Wonder Woman sucked, X-Factor (with Alex as the leader) was so-so, and 52 and Countdown were horrible.

I'm not too excited about starting over, but this time I will have the comic books I really want.

4 comments:

Christopher said...

I would DIE if my comics were stolen from me. I am sorry. This really sucks.

ChewMouse said...

I'm upset on your behalf. Better you should've gotten to weed out the "impulse buys" and so on than to have someone rob you. But truly, you have such a Zen approach to it all. Sometimes I have a terrible fantasy that someone will steal all my stuff but they'd probably take the good stuff and leave the crap. Knowing that sort of ruins the fantasy. For instance, I have every Glamour Magazine from 1982 on. Someone is welcome to steal those because I cannot sell them or throw them away for some reason. Anybody? Let me know, I'll provide an address.

Son of Baldwin said...

You were robbed????

Wonder Man said...

yeah, my apartment was being renovated and we were placed in the next building. I thought my comics were safe, but it wasn't. So the cops are on it and my department are upset. But at least it wasn't my Wonder Woman shrine. Those dolls and statues were expensive

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.