Monday, July 14, 2008

To Drill or not to Drill


Laughing boy Bush has lifted the ban on offshore drilling today, thinking this will stop our oil/gas crisis. But really, does he think this will work? It has been said the drilling wouldn't be effective until 10 years down the road. The environment is on it's last couple of legs, I don't think we can bank on wishful thinking.

And I'm shocked that he's blaming the Dems on the high gas prices, as if they sent us to war, spent all of our money of weapons and such. How dare he even point the finger at anyone. Trying to blame the Dems is tired and foolish, we know it's not their fault. Yet, all of us don't know the consequences of this drilling. People are believing the hype about the drilling, thinking it will be a quick fix. But we should know better about quick fixes, it's quick, and usually leaves us more miserable than before.

I hope Congress stay firm on this and find an alternative way to solve the problem. I just don't think this is the way out. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't want to risk anymore land, money, and environment.

1 comment:

Butch said...

. . . and we can expect the Congress to follow in lock-step. I do not count on the democrats to try and stop this at all.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.