Sunday, November 8, 2009

DNC, please explain your stance on LGBT issues


I'm a little confused about the role the DNC is playing. Earlier this year, they had a gay fundraiser and after the failed boycott from gay leaders, they still raised a million dollars.

However, they haven't really used it for LGBT issues, so I have to know... What is the DNC's plan for us?

Now, I'm not going to give up on them like so many others. I usually need concrete proof of betrayal before I cut you off. And I'm not going to go all John Aravosis-like and starting believing the world hates gays, but I can't let this shake off so easily.

I need to know a few things from the DNC.
  • What are their plans for the LGBT community? I mean, they raised all of that money for us, at least give us list or something.
  • What is plan for all that money raised during the LGBT dinner?
  • Can the DNC explain their involvement in ballot measures and candidates?
  • Is there a LGBT board within the DNC?
  • Will there be an agenda about the LGBT community posted?
  • How does DNC define their support of the LGBT community?
  • Will they clear the air about Maine and the lack of support? Is there a policy we don't know about?
  • How do they plan to win back the disgruntled LGBT supporters?
I think the DNC should say something to clear the air. Right now, their name is getting dirty due to Aravosis and gang.

To be real, I take John Aravosis, Dan Savage, and peeps over at Pam's blog with a grain of salt. But I have to admit there's some foolishness lingering about. If the DNC want folks to stay on their side, we'll need some answers... Soon.

1 comment:

kayman said...

Their stance on issues is pretty clear to me which is one issue at a time.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.