Sunday, June 7, 2009

Vacation Chat pt 1: Newark, Delaware

Our vacation begins in my partner's stomping grounds to the south of Philly, in Newark, Delaware.

It's a small but interesting place. There's more Micky Ds than clothing stores here, but that's okay. However, they do have a Super Wal-Mart! I know folks have their views about Wal-Mart, but I can't help it...I love Super Wal-Mart!

This town also have a old fashion Dairy Queen and Buffalo Wild Wings, so my weight loss from this past week may be in vain. Lucky for me, this hotel has a gym.

There are great places to eat and chill here, but what I love about this freaky little town is...well, the town. Folks are able to walk around at all hours of the night, shouting out mess like: Bitches and liquor, my type of party or I like your penis. I actually enjoy this aspect in a small town, you can't do this in South Central.

Also it's very diverse and quite busy at the midnight hours. And speaking of midnight, we attended the Rocky Horror Picture Show in a local theater.

The audience was very, uh, special and very White. In fact, it was noted by "Eddie" that I was 1 of 4 Blacks in the room. No big, I'm used to that. However, I wasn't used to this poor Zack Morris look-alike screaming out all the wrong parts in the movie. He thought he was funny, but he was far from it and I mean North Pole far.

But in all, my first day in Newark was cute. We will see what tomorrow will bring.

1 comment:

David Dust said...

I LOOOOOVE going to the WalMart Superstore when I visit my family in PA.

XOXOXOXO

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.