Wednesday, June 24, 2009

North Carolina passes a bill that Protects LGBT kids


The North Carolina house and senate passes a bill that protects students bullied for their perceived or actual sexual orientation or gender identity.

Now the bill goes to Gov. Beverly Perdue, so she can to sign it into law.

This is great news for LGBT youth who are teased and bullied for being themselves. Great news.

Here's a great quote from Dems representative, Grier Martin:
"To oppose this bill because you object to [gay or transgender people] is to fight the culture wars on the back of a child."
So True

1 comment:

Prince Todd said...

Amen, Amen, and Amen!
Oh my god I love this! I was one of those kids bullied because they were gay. So I identify.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.