Monday, June 29, 2009

I Am...Xaviera St James


Yes, that's me several years ago. For 3 years in college, I hosted Rocky Horror Picture Show for an university program.

I was the Multicultural Chair for our Program Board, and to step up the hosting responsibilities, I became Xaviera St. James.

I did a couple of songs, played some raunchy RHPS games and talked about sex a lot.
During that time, I found myself enjoying performing in drag. I think it's fun, in fact, I recommend that everyone do it at least twice.

Now putting on the make-up was hard, but I would do it again. It's been 9 years, maybe Xaviera will make a special appearance with Patti LaBelle.

5 comments:

David Dust said...

Diva! How cute is Xaviera?!?!! I would LOVE to meet her. :)

XOXOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

It is fun. I've dated boys in dresses for quite a long time. That's my favourite thing to do too. Go to drag shows.
Cheers

Anonymous said...

Love it. Never drag myself, the closest I've come is the whole androgynous thing when I was younger but I couldn't pull that off.

Prince Todd said...

Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiivaaaaaa! lol

That is so great...lol.

Anywho, I've never thought about doing drag myself. I am just scared I might look TOO convincing as a woman!
The closest I'll come to is is being Prince for Halloween.

Allan S. said...

You better do it! You're giving me a Jennifer Hudson vibe. I also agree with the idea of getting painted and doing it up. I had my moment with my J.J. Stockholm persona.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.