Sunday, June 28, 2009

My Childhood has been destroyed by Broke Ass Movies...A Rant

After the mess of a movie with Transformers 2 and reviews of G.I. Joe matching those of Ishtar, I have a request.

Stop making a mess of my childhood!!!!

Transformers 2 was basically made for a 5th grader. Based on my (special screening), I felt insulted for being a geek, smart, human and alive. The cartoon writers did a better job than whoever shat all over this. And now G.I. Joe is next...I don't think I can't take this anymore.

What I would like is a smart, critical take of these stories. Transformers was a great cartoon and the original cartoon movie is historic. G.I. Joe was also a great cartoon, with great characters and great stories. All the writers have to do is play on those stories and build them up. Actually, "Battlestar" them, make it an adult, serious story that challenge and thrills us.

It can be done, just do it already! I'm really scared to see G.I. Joe, I think it will be just as bad. However, I'm afraid as long as money can be made, most of my childhood will be massacred.

So what's next? He-Man, Pole Position, The Littles, JEM, She-ra? I will write the script for JEM, I don't want the Starlight Girls to go through the same shatfest that the Josie and the Pussycats movie did.

In all, I think most us want a good movie. But it doesn't have to be some dumbed down, 2 hours flicks with cheap starlets, CGI orgies and poo putt scripts. The human brain deserves better.

I'm done ranting for now, I was just hurt to see how huge Transformers 2 opened this weekend. It just proves that some folks will accept anything as entertainment

3 comments:

Eric Arvin said...

There is a He-Man film coming out next year from what I hear. It better be WILDLY homoerotic or I'm not watching ;-)

D.J. said...

Actually He=Man is next. I am hoping for the Cartoon Network take but I am betting it will be more Transformers move.

Prince Todd said...

They made a Josie and The Pussycats movie, with Tara Reid?! Oh my god I didn't know! Thank God I missed it...lol.

And I would totally get together with you and co-write the Jem script Wonderman! lol. I am serious as summer heat in Houston!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.