Friday, January 8, 2010

Who Asked for This?: G.I. Joe 2


There's a sequel to this horrid mess! I guess, I didn't pray to the right gods, Gott Damn!

Here's the slosh
Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick have been in the news this week when it was announced they had officially signed on to pen DEADPOOL for 20th Century Fox.

IESB has exclusively learned that not only are these two writing the script for the Merc with the Mouth, they've also just been handed the sequel to G.I. JOE: THE RISE OF COBRA that hit theaters this past August with Stephen Sommers at the helm.
Why? Why?

This movie was soooooooooooooooo bad. But those guys wrote Zombieland and it was good.

Could there be hope? Lady Jaye perhaps?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Zombieland was great. I want to say anything would be an improvement over the 1st GI Joe... but that line of thinking was disproved with the Transformers franchise.

Anonymous said...

The first one was horrible. I couldn't believe it. I don't think I'd go to a sequel. Not even for Channing Tatum.

SteveA said...

The 1st part was horrid - the story was confusing and the acting was bad....

WilsonW said...

I can not believe yall were surprised by this? Really...really. They are doing another Transformers too aren't they?

Prince Todd said...

I didn't think it was that bad, honestly. It was a piece of fluff...But Channing Tatum and Marlon Wayans made it worth my viewing (they are both hot). And I actually liked Sienna Miller.

Yeah, I totally don't remember it but it was a fun time at the movies.

I wanted to be the white ninja.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.