Monday, January 18, 2010

If I was going to write a Halloween movie...


After watching the remake of Halloween, I thought, if given the ability to write a Halloween flick what would I do?

Well, I would completely turn it upside down. I will give y'all the lowdown in my famous bullet point style.
  • I would erase the Busta Rhymes/Tyra Banks version. It never happened.
  • Laurie Strode would die, but by natural causes.
  • After Michael appears in Haddonfield and slaughters several people: Laurie's son from H20, Danny and the baby (who's 15 at this point) from Halloween 6, Tommy and Lindsey, from the 1st Halloween flick would finally meet. Later in film, Jamie, Laurie's daughter, would return as well (I would explain that she didn't die in Halloween 6, because it wasn't her).
  • Lindsey joins them after her son is murdered by Michael.
  • The group will try to end the horrid legacy of Michael Myers. After researching everything, including the Thorn mythos, they learn about a family curse.
  • Michael is cursed from a old family ordeal.
  • The family group travels to Santa Mira, California to learn more about the curse and the people behind it.
  • The people behind the curse have bigger plans for Michael. His murders are a part of an ancient Druid spell for complete power.
  • The group also learns that "evil folks" has Michael's soul and controls him. They are the reason why he kills.
  • Then, the real fun begins.
That's my take. Crazy, I know, but how else can you make sense of mute killer in a Captain Kirk mask?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea. I've always wanted to do something similar with the Nightmare series. Go back and cleanup things.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!! Well Thought Out!

J.R. LeMar said...

Works for me.

Glenn Ingersoll said...

Druid? Don't you mean Focus on the Family? You know FOF is the power behind Mike.

SteveA said...

It sounds great - it gets interesting where you say "they have bigger plans...." - that would make complete sense - since it is senseless that he could never die despite gun shots; stabbings etc.....

SteveA said...

Oh yeah - I agree with erasing the Tyra and Busta Rhymes thing - that was pathetic!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.