Monday, January 18, 2010

Comic Book Artist supports Prop 8


This makes me sad and a bit mad.

ChrisCross is comic book artist who has worked on many DC and Marvel comics. His work can be seen in the racially diverse and ground breaking Blood Syndicate and the gay vigilante, Midnighter.

Well, I was a fan until, I learned from NG, that Chris supports Prop 8 and gladly says so on Facebook.

Chris says:
Welp, guess you all better think real hard before you do the do. And i'm one of the idiots who voted to ban gay marriage. :D
and...
Glad to hear that. I"m proud of my vote. Only i'm not hating. Read First Timothy in the Bible, my brother. Then ask me why i voted that way. I'm a Christian, and i stand what God stands for, not society. And i'm not impressed or DEpressed by your disappointment. But i'm glad you were a fan.
Yes, he is entitled to his beliefs, but seriously... How can Chris work on gay characters or in a gay friendly field with this frame of mind?

Maybe I'm missing the point, but I'm highly disappointed in him. I wish he was more open minded and not so bigoted.

Oh well, I guess everyone is not a winner. Shame on you, Chris. You have loss many fans with this foolishness.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I won't buy any work from him. And I'm sure many of our best writers, who just happen to be open minded liberals, won't choose to work with his ilk.

Forbidden Light said...

"Blood Syndicate" has several plots that focused on homosexuality...And "Hardware" had to be the most Afro-homoerotic comic I've ever read!
I mean, the main character strips naked and baths in hot latex!

It's probably from self-loathing...

Kyle Leach said...

V, I saw this at NG's place too. He does have aright to his religious beliefs, but I don't get him, and obviously he doesn't get us. It really is too bad.

J.R. LeMar said...

It's the ":D" that he kept adding to the ends of his remarks that makes it particularly annoying.

Prince Todd said...

Wait a second did I miss something? Homosexuality was a STAPLE in his work? I remember it being ground breaking reading for me when it was discovered that Fade (my favorite character)from the Blood Syndicate was gay...or that masquerade used her shapeshifting powers to be transgender. I didn't know he was so bigoted. I used to read those comics when I was little. I still have the issues.

He sucks!

KAOS said...

What a dick.

"i stand what God stands for, not society."

Bet he still believes in Santa Claus too.

Mauro Padovani said...

Sad...

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.