Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My top 5 Nerd/Geek Movies

Geek and Nerd movies really helped me as a kid. It was nice to see the outcast have a moment in the sun, or at least 2 hours worth of sunshine.

However, it was a great to see these films and hopefully we will get back to good storytelling and Nerds to look up to...So here we go.

Real Genius-made me happy to be smart.


Sixteen Candles-I think we have all identified with Sam in some form.


Revenge of the Nerds-I had a crush on Gilbert and Lamar was my role model.


Lucas-From this movie, I learn to never give up.


Carrie-a Nerd with telekinesis is cool in my book.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of all those, I loved Real Genius, Revenge of the Nerds and most special, Carrie.

How I wanted telekinetic powers back in the day. I'd have a trail of dead bodies behind me if I did.

Just think, hmm, I think I'll twist his aorta and boom, dead on the ground. That's what would happen if someone with a little anatomical knowledge had telekinetic powers.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.