Monday, June 1, 2009

Interesting Quote: Dick Cheney


"I think that freedom means freedom for everyone. As many of you know, one of my daughters is gay and it is something we have lived with for a long time in our family. I think people ought to be free to enter into any kind of union they wish. Any kind of arrangement they wish. The question of whether or not there ought to be a federal statute to protect this, I don't support. I do believe that the historically the way marriage has been regulated is at the state level. It has always been a state issue and I think that is the way it ought to be handled, on a state-by-state basis. ... But I don't have any problem with that. People ought to get a shot at that."

Am I in OZ, or did Dick Cheney just said that...I smell 2012.

3 comments:

Stephen R. said...

Obama versus Cheney in an election. Talk about Luke Skywalker versus The Emperor.

Ooo... I just got a mental image of Obama throwing Cheney into the bowels of the Death Star 2 (Electric Boogaloo). Mmmm....

Joy said...

I like that image.

Joy said...

I don't like how he said, "something we have lived with for a long time."

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.