Monday, June 1, 2009

Bryan Singer would love to return to the X-Men


I think this is the best thing I've heard today.

In a new interview, Singer admits wishing he'd stayed on to direct the third X-Men movie.

He had left the franchise to make Superman Returns, and Brett Ratner stepped in to finish the X-Men trilogy with 2006's X-Men: The Last Stand, which had a mixed response from fans and critics.

Singer adds that he might well be interested in the proposed X-Men Origins: Magneto prequel. And he'd get a warm welcome - X-Men producer Lauren Shuler Donner has said she would love to see Singer back in the mutant movie franchise.

Speaking to Total Film, Singer said: "I'm eternally intertwined with X-Men now. What takes an audience four hours to watch - the first two movies - took six years of my life. So, to not be part of it....It's a shame."

Asked whether he wished he had directed X-Men: The Last Stand, he admitted he had that feeling "before I was watching it, during watching it, after watching it."

Singer added: "It's weird for me to watch it, because I'm so close to the universe. And also Brett is a good friend of mine. But, of course, I would love to return to that universe."


So, Brett screwed us! He has no love from the X-Fans. Bryan, if you can, please redo the Phoenix saga. It's sad when the 90's cartoon did a better version. But I know you can do it justice.

Source

3 comments:

Son of Baldwin said...

I bet he wants to return to X-Men. Superman Returns was one of the worst films ever made.

Unknown said...

I was upset that he left, but I'll take him back...

Prince Todd said...

Honestly hated ALL of the X-Men films. None of them stayed true to the canon...And I certainly agree with Son of Baldwin. Superman Returns was HORRIBLE. That is a franchise that needs a reboot. Brandon Routh was great but everything else?
FAIL!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.