Wednesday, June 10, 2009

And he's Out


Adam is telling us that he's gay.
The 27-year-old singer from San Diego acknowledges in an interview that he's gay, and says it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. "I'm proud of my sexuality," he says. "I embrace it. It's just another part of me."

Lambert says he was inspired to audition for the Fox network singing competition after having a "psychedelic experience" at the Burning Man festival in Nevada. There, he says, he experimented with "certain funguses."

"I knew that it was my only shot to be taken seriously in the recording industry, because it's fast and broad," he says of "Idol."

When he moved into the show's Bel-Air mansion with the other finalists, he roomed with Kris Allen, who won the "Idol" title over Lambert last month.

"I was like, `Oh, (bleep), they put me with the cute guy,'" Lambert says. "Distracting! He's the one guy that I found attractive in the whole group on the show: nice, nonchalant, pretty and totally my type _ except that he has a wife. I mean, he's open-minded and liberal, but he's definitely 100 percent straight."

He says he worried that a public announcement would overshadow his singing, so he decided not to respond and largely kept his personal life under wraps on the show.

"I'm an entertainer, and who I am and what I do in my personal life is a separate thing," he says. "It shouldn't matter. Except it does. It's really confusing."

Lambert says he isn't interested in being the poster child for gay rights. "I'm trying to be a singer, not a civil-rights leader."

Sorry, Girls. He is one of us.

Source

4 comments:

Jonathan Pizarro said...

Oh you're worried it might overshadow your music and then you come out on the cover of Rolling Stone. Ha! His coming out has been used to his best advantage, he'd have never made the cover otherwise.

Unknown said...

I wonder if the girls are hurt that is one of us?

Anonymous said...

Adam and Kris shared a room during Idol? Ugh. That just opened up the door for way too many fantasies for me.

J. Clarence said...

He's such a hot mess. The fact that realities shows like American Idol bring these sorts of folk to the surface, in addition to the hoard Hollywood tends to produce on its own, is just too much for me to deal with.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.