Thursday, January 7, 2010

Spidey 4 is Delayed


Some news on the new Spider-Man movie
Sony Pictures decided to delay the superhero sequel, starring Tobey Maguire (pictured) and directed by Sam Raimi, according to Variety. "We'll try, but I think making May is a real question," an unnamed source at Sony said. "We will not start until we have it right. The feeling is we are not going to rush it to make the date."

The decision means fourth film in the series likely will not meet its announced May 6, 2011 release date.


In October, Raimi indicated that the franchise would be taking a more mature direction. "I've been talking with Tobey about where his character might grow to in this installment," Raimi said. "[Parker] started as a little bit of a selfish, naive and insecure high school kid ... In the second picture, [he] wrestled with his personal fulfillment versus that responsibility and, in the third film, I think it was a little bit about his growing hubris."
Maybe this is for the best, I'm still washing Spider-Man 3 out of my mouth. So, I agree with Sam on this. Keep it tight, until you get it right.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree! I'd much rather see a delay than sit through another Spiderman 3.

Prince Todd said...

::shrugs:: I didn't see two or three.

WilsonW said...

Toddy-Two was good, three was RI-DI-CULOUS!! And I mean that in a bad(as in not good) way.

Dean Grey said...

Wonder Man!

I'm a die-hard comic book fan myself so I understand the desire for you wanting movie studios to get it right or not to do it at all.

But.......

I kind of liked Spider-Man 3! Better than part two even!

Maybe I'm the minority on this?

-Dean

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.