Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Latest on the New Wizard of Oz movie


Remember that post I did about the next movie about the Wizard of Oz? They are still developing it.

Here's the latest working pitch
It’s a modern-day sequel. The story centers on Dorothy Neil, a bright and ambitious young lawyer for a prestigious law firm in Chicago. Neil is the grand-daughter of Dorothy Gale, who is now an old woman living in Kansas and telling her tales about her time in the land of Oz to a new generation of kids. However, trouble is afoot in Oz, as a new witch is destroying the magic that keeps the entire place running. While babysitting her boss’ kid, the kid and Dorothy Neil are brought back to Oz and united with the Cowardly Lion, the Tin Man, and the Scarecrow and tasked with killing an evil witch and restoring order in Oz.

What do y'all think?

6 comments:

Bob said...

No.

Unknown said...

Hard to say. Tin Man was interesting, but I am not sure I loved it, Liked it very much, but... Not sure will we know more about the team making it.

Eric Arvin said...

I thought Tin Man was decent until the last hour or so. Then it got dodgy. What they should do is film a version of The Land of Oz. That would be freaky.

behrmark said...

I think Hollywood has run out of original and creative ideas. Everything is a rehash of something already done - sometimes more than once. I loved "Wicked" but hated "The Wiz." I think "Wizard of Oz" is a classic to remain untouched, like "Gone With The Wind." IMHO

BlogMarkBlog said...

It is hard to make lightning strike twice. Sounds weak to me.

Prince Todd said...

Is this necessary? No.
Anyway, if they do make it I want the witch to win. I am a life long fan of The Wicked Witch of The West.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.