Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Harold Ford Jr.: I'm Coming for New York

The man that's stirring up drama is keeping the show on the road.

Harold, in his own words, pleads his case in NY Post. Here are some key pieces:
I am pro-choice -- have always been since I entered politics almost 15 years ago. My cumulative grade with NARAL during 10 years in Congress was right at 80 percent. Any assertions to the contrary are false.
Well, this clip says otherwise.

Not cute, cutie.
And from the moment I arrived in Congress, I supported civil unions. Like New York's senior senator, after listening to and participating in the national conversation about full equality and fairness, I support same-sex marriage.
Okay, you said "you thought about it". But your actions needs to speak, Harold.
Despite what critics say about me, I enjoyed uninterrupted support from organized labor throughout my time in Congress.

Again, I'm not defending him. I'm trying to keep an open mind.

Harold is a strange creature because his credentials has both positive and negative aspects. But again, his actions will be the true judge of character.






3 comments:

Bob said...

I think we need to judge our politicians on their words and their deeds. Both of his say one thing at one time, and another thing now.
I don't trust him.

David Dust said...

We don't need so-called "Democrats" like Ford challenging other Democrats. If he cared about his party and his country he would challenge a Republican. But all he cares about is himself.

Why would Ford waste resources challenging a sitting DEMOCRATIC U.S. Senator, when he could be challenging a Republican?

Because he's a pompous ASS, that's why. And he knows he can't beat a Republican, so he's going after a Democrat he views as being vulnerable. Which is SHADY.

Kirsten Gillibrand is a strong ally of the LGBT community. There is NO WAY Harold Ford will be a better friend to us. So if Harold wins, the LGBT community loses.

It's time for people to start seeing Harold Ford for what he really is - just another slimy politician.

P.S. - And he's not THAT cute.

Jamie Paisley said...

Agree with Bob.

After hearing a few weeks about Ford (keeping an open mind about it, with help from my partner) and then seeing this, I'm reminded of the sage words "Principles only mean something when you stick to them when its not convenient."

With this in new light, all statements of his will have been planted with the already sprouting seed of doubt.
Democrats can/should do better than Mr. Ford.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.