Monday, January 4, 2010

Avatar makes a billion buckaroos, but I still don't want to see it.


Well, James Cameron is the King of the world and has pimp slapped Michael Bay off his soapbox. Avatar has made a billion bucks world wide.
Twentieth Century Fox and James Cameron's "Avatar" rang in the New Year with an estimated worldwide cume of $1 billion through Sunday, becoming the fourth highest grosser of all time.

Domestic cume was $352.1 million, including a weekend take of $68.3 million, the best gross ever for a film in its third weekend.

Overseas, the pic's cume through Sunday was $670.2 million.

I am happy about this because it's not a remake, an 80's toy fetish or a book series. So maybe companies will be open to NEW ideas.

However, I'm not so sure I want to watch the Attack of the Cat People for 3 hours.

source

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i SAW THE MOVIE - IT WAS GR8, VERY GOOD GRAPHICS-gr8 story line

Forbidden Light said...

Don't you feel like you're missing something? Even to watch it as a critic, wouldn't you wanna see what's all the hoopla about?

Unknown said...

It's a simple story, but it's a sweet natured, good story. (at least I think.) I'd recommend you see it for one reason, the 3D. Because I doubt they'll have any worthwile 3D when it hits dvd and cable.
Or see if for Laz Alonso, playing a blue alien.

Prince Todd said...

Chile, stop being too cool for school and go see it! you know you want to! LOL

Myself, I didn't prefer 3D though. It hurts my eyes. This movie is so visually stunning that there is no need for a 3rd dimension...in my opinion.

WilsonW said...

Toddy-Is it a subtle 3d like the 3D in Up, or is it more like the type of 3D where things come floating out at you or are thrown at you to really drive home the effect? I ask because the first doesn't bother my eyes, but the second gives me a headache after about 45 minutes. So 3 hours of that will just KILL Me!! Let me(us) know!

SteveA said...

It was good - I wrote in my blog that the story is not new - it's "Dances With Wolves" set to a different time - except that Kevin Costner is a hottie - and they showed his fine butt in it!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.