Tuesday, May 14, 2013

5 Reasons why I hated Phoebe Cates


When I was young and innocent, I hated Phoebe Cates!

I truly hated her with a passion... But I really wanted to be like her. I mean, as a young gay kid, it just seemed that she could have what ever she wanted, and in the movies, she did and more.

So please take a moment with me as I share why I hated/secretly wanted to be Phoebe Cates after the jump





  1. She was every boy fantasy. She could just step out of the pool, pop her top and BAM; own a man.


2. She looked good in every picture she took. (P.S. I actually copied a few of her poses for pics in Middle School)

3. She always had the dreamy cute guy that everyone wanted, including the cute water playing moments.


4. She had a singing career, with a mediocre voice. But she still looked great.


5. She was the STAR in LACE... I wanted to be Elizabeth 'Lili' Lace!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I "hated" her too for the same reasons.

Anonymous said...

Well at least you had good reasons and weren't jealous or anything.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.