Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Meet "SheZow", A New Gender Changing Cartoon Superhero


A new cartoon superhero may be a first in LGBT history.

SheZow is a new cartoon debuting Saturday on the cable channel, the Hub.

The story is a 12-year-old boy, named Guy, has a magic ring that transforms him into a super powered girl. Buzz from the web and blogs are calling SheZow the first trans superhero cartoon character. It's been airing in Canada and nothing has gone down yet.

Also, I'm not sure if this is really a Trans character. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Check out a sneak peek

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Without a back story or knowing this characters feelings while in Boy Mode I'm not sure either. I don't think I get that Hub channel so I may not be able to judge based on this alone.

behrmark said...

The YouTUbe clip isn't playing properly but I think he's more Drag than Trans. imho

Jezza said...

uh - as nice as this is, This cartoon is hardly a first. Ranma 1/2's main character has been transforming from a guy to a girl and back and forth for Decades!

Jezza said...

after watching the clip, I'm with Behrmark. The cartoon is more drag-ish than trans.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.