Sunday, May 26, 2013

Openly Gay Soccer Player Robbie Rogers joins the LA Galaxy


Robbie Rogers thought he was done with soccer, but he's not. He's actually back with the jump-off.

Robbie has joined LA Galaxy soccer team and became the first openly gay athlete to play in an American soccer league.
“For 25 years, I’ve been afraid to share a secret with someone,” Rogers said. “And I finally did that. I kept my secret because I thought I couldn’t be both a soccer player and a gay athlete. 
“I was afraid to be back in an environment that affected me in the past. After I finally got in here, everything was completely normal.”
Robbie signed a multiyear contract with the team. I wish him the best.

source

2 comments:

Bob said...

Good for him.

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.