Thursday, February 4, 2010

Who asked for this?: Watchmen 2?


This is blasphemy!

Alan Moore's masterpiece may get slaughtered under foolishness and greed.

There are talks for a Watchmen 2.

But the news broke that Paul Levitz was stepping down from DC Comics as both President and Publisher, I wondered what that meant for the possibility of a Watchmen sequel. Certainly in a hundred years, you couldn’t expect there not to be one.

Well, it seems to be happening a lot sooner than I thought. I understand now that this considered a pet project of Dan DiDio, SVP-Executive Editor. That he is determined to impress new bosses by building on DC’s biggest selling comic book of all time with multiple prequel comic miniseries and spinoff ongoing projects.

I understand that both Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons have to be offered first refusal before any of these titles could be published. But if they don’t want to work on them themselves (and Alan Moore is never going to agree), DiDio has been sounding out people who might be willing to take on the task.

NO! Leave it alone! Move on to the next comic! NO, NO, NO!!

btw, I love Bleeding Cool

4 comments:

Kyle Leach said...

This smells of a prequel attempt V. I wish they would just leave it alone too.

Prince Todd said...

I won't go see it. I was dozing off throughout the first one!

YvesPaul said...

God, why?!?

Unknown said...

Well, no die hard true fan would go. So it'll be a nice revenge for Alan if they waste their money on it. Maybe it'll be so unpopular, that they will finally stop printing Watchmen, and the rights will finally rever to Alan.
Well, I can dream can't I. :)

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.