Tuesday, February 23, 2010

When I was Carrie Bradshaw...


Okay, I was asked to talk about my dating past.

Before I met my partner, I had a not-so great time in the dating field. Most of the guys I would meet were either too silly, full of mess or their self-esteem was all over the place.

Basically, I was Carrie Bradshaw, dealing with guys from the South all the way to Upstate New York. So, I will share some of my odd experiences with y'all. Please bare with me:
  • My first bf was young, 7 years younger than me in fact. I was so into him because he was the 1st bf. We started out pretty good. I let him lead because he had more experience. But after 3 heavy make out sessions and 2 dates, it was over. We only dated for 2 and 1/2 months. He said it was not my fault, he just wasn't sure where we were going. Plus he was going to grad school at Harvard and wanted to focus on his degree. However, the truth was he wanted to be free. I can respect that, I just wished he was up front about it.
  • My 2nd bf was a pure rebound relationship. He did not meet all of my requirements, in fact, he was an example of Affirmative Action Dating. Meaning, a guy who only meets half or less of your major requirements, but you allow them a chance to prove themselves. Well, he failed in that quest. We lasted for 7 months. He was going nowhere career wise and I didn't love him at all. However, he was good in bed.
  • I was seeing this guy who was a great kisser, but still lived with his ex. His ex wanted to have a threesome, but I declined. But he didn't take no for answer, his ex offered to pay me. I said no, however the great kisser guy wanted me to do it... so he could get the money.
  • Another guy I was seeing thought that if we slept together, I wouldn't be special to him. However, if I blew him without reciprocation, he would still see me regularly. I never blew him and it was over.
So, that's some of the craziness of my past dating life.

4 comments:

Eduardo Guize said...

The last two are really really bad! Glad you found your match!

Kyle Leach said...

V, thanks for sharing those accounts. Pretty crazy.

Prince Todd said...

Okay, on the last one did we both date the same guy? lol.

I didn't blow him either!

Unknown said...

I think that's what you should be writing about. After your horror screenplay that is.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.