Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Interesting Quote: Gareth Thomas


"It's all been positive. But I almost wish I had a negative, because we don't live in a perfect world and homophobia hasn't disappeared. I don't want to be this fairytale story, because that's not the reality of the world, but I'm not going to make things up to make this journey I'm on seem more real. There have been a couple of wolf whistles when I've been warming up for the Blues, but I can take that, just like I'd expect jeers if I dropped the ball. Part of a sportsman's job is taking banter from the crowd. And we joke about it all the time in the team. The guys see someone gorgeous reading the news and say 'She's really smart, what do you reckon, Alf?' That's not homophobia. We're so politically correct in this society that we see it where it isn't."
Gareth talking about his coming out experience.
source

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.