Sunday, February 14, 2010

Random post about The Last American Virgin



At midnight, I saw one of my favorite movies at New Beverly Cinema, "The Last American Virgin".

This movie is one of the best 80's movies. Actually, one of the best pop culture movies ever.

If you haven't seen this movie, please do. It speaks to all of us who has ever wanted someone so bad and had to watch that person be with someone else.

Here's the lowdown on the flick: The main guy is Gary (who's hot in real life), the young buck who falls for Karen, the new girl in town. But his pimp-licious friend, Rick (who's still hot and gay in real life) gets her and Gary's world will never be the same.This is Rick (Steve Antin)

Every time I see this movie, I cry at the end. It just reminds me of all the times I felt lonely or out of place as a teen. I mean, I had everything I wanted: clothes, friends, access to a car all through high school, but I was really lonely. I never got the guy and believed I never would.

But enough of my sad Molly Ringwald days. Back to the point... This movie always gets me and I wish more films could bring it like this did.

BTW the main two characters, (Gary and Karen) were at the movie for a Q & A session, and I tell you, they look really good.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, I'm gonna see this movie.

SteveA said...

I am such a fan of those 80's teen movies - I can't remember though if I saw this one - but I am pretty sure I must have!

Alex said...

I remember this movie so well! Looking back at it now, I get such a gay reading from it...When tried had the "measure up" contest, to them catching a nasty surprise from that hooker.. Good times

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.