Sunday, February 28, 2010

Marie Osmond's son died


Oh no, Marie's son committed suicide this weekend.

Michael Blosil, her son, jumped to his death from his apartment building here in L.A. It was said that he was suffering from depression.

"My family and I are devastated and in deep shock by the tragic loss of our dear Michael and ask that everyone respect our privacy during this difficult time," Osmond said in the statement.

Blosil reportedly left a note which referred to a lifelong battle with depression.

In 2007, Osmond said Michael was treated at a rehabilitation facility, but she didn't disclose the nature of his problem.

Donny Osmond, Blosil's uncle, told Entertainment Tonight: "Please pray for my sister and her family."

My heart goes out to her and her family.

source

2 comments:

Miss Ginger Grant said...

My thoughts and prayers for Marie and her family!

What a shame that this young man was not able to find the help he needed to manage his depression!

SteveA said...

So sad - I always liked her as an artist - I've not heard much about her family/personal life - so sad indeed!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.