Friday, February 19, 2010

Crazy Idea: Maybe one of the Gay Progressive Bloggers should be the HRC President


So almost every other day, somebody is calling for the head of Joe Solmonese and the HRC. Mostly from John Aravosis, Pam Spaulding, Dan Savage or Magneto.

However, we have no idea what they would be like as REAL leaders. So I wonder... Instead of them always bashing the HRC, why don't they run for the president of the largest LGBT group.

I mean, they always, always have something to say about it. Why not try to lead, not from a computer screen, but really lead. Now, I don't know the process to become the HRC president, but since they are not pleased with the leadership, why don't they step up and take charge.

I proposing this because they believe they know what's best for us. I think they should challenge themselves and truly step it up. Now, I'm sure the folks in HRC will feel differently, but I think it would really put their money where their mouths are.

If they know what's best and if they think they can do better, bring it. I would actually love to see them actually lead.

2 comments:

Larry Ohio said...

I for one would love to see Pam Spaulding as the head of the HRC.

NG said...

Nah, she'll only be outsourcing her responsibilities to Autumn Sandeen, someone who gets her talking points when her TV is tuned to Logo, her cat, and her garden tools.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.