Tuesday, November 4, 2008

OBAMA!!!!


I apologize if I sound off or a bit crazy, but I am so happy right now.

Today, I saw something different. I saw a change in a system, a new act in the play. I saw hope. Obama won this f**king election!!! And I can't believe it, I can't believe it. But I should, I should believe in the dream and I am glad to see this.

When we look at this campaign, we saw the best and worst of this country. We saw racism, deceit, fear, and yes...hope. I think what we witnessed is the truth of our nation. And I'm glad we saw the truth, because it is time to deal with our mess. Let this be a mirror we look at everyday and let us make a new start.

Obama is a spirit we need. He is a beginning, he is a different lens. To see him speak right now is something I thought I would never see. I knew it would happen, I just thought I would not be here to witness it. I can go on, but I will stop, I still need to process this event. But I can say to my niece and nephew that they can be whatever they want to be. And I can stand behind that statement 110%

2 comments:

Allan S. said...

amen

Tafari said...

Sounding crazy is a good thing right about now because his is bananas!!!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.