Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Broadway Legend Joel Grey comes out


I woke up to see that Joel Grey has came out. I always thought he was gay, but his People magazine interview has confirmed it.

Joel is well known for his work in the classic Cabaret (both stage and screen). He has continued working in many forms of entertainment. I remember him most as a demon in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

In his interview, Joel mentions how he's not a fan of labels.
Now, at 82, the Cabaret Oscar winner talks for the first time in PEOPLE's new issue about his sexuality. "I don't like labels," says Grey, "but if you have to put a label on it, I'm a gay man."

While it's not a secret to his friends and family, the entertainer's never spoken about it publicly before. "All the people close to me have known for years who I am," Grey tells PEOPLE. "[Yet] it took time to embrace that other part of who I always was."
Well, good for him.

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.