Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Ryan Murphy will 'reinvent' American Horror Story for season 5


If you are like me, you are hating this season of American Horror Story: Freak Show. It started off strong, but like most seasons, it falls apart somewhere in the middle. However, Ryan recognizes the chaos and promises a big change in the next season.

FX CEO John Landgraf said this at the TCA winter press tour:
Pressed to reveal the theme to follow Freak Show (which finales on Wednesday), Landgraf deferred, “I know what it is, but I can’t [say]. I have to let [series boss] Ryan [Murphy] do his thing on that. But it’s very different.” Landgraf went on to say of the franchise, “One of the things I love so much about that is that it can be radically, radically reinvented in terms of tone, setting, period, characters, cast.” And along those lines, “I think there’s going to be an unusually large reinvention in between Book 4 and Book 5 relative to, say, between Book 3 [Coven] and 4 [Freak Show]. The only Season 5 clue Landgraf perhaps let slip was when asked about the show returning to the present day (as it thus far has done with odd-numbered seasons). “That’s my hope, yeah,” he answered. As for Emmy and Golden Globe winner Jessica Lange being a part of the next cycle — a while ago, she hinted in an interview that Freak Show would be her swan song — Landgraf has no information, explaining, “Ryan is really, really independent in how he makes these shows and what he does. So I know the setting, I know something about the characters and something about the tone and the time period, but I don’t actually know the cast yet.”
Yes, fix this series up because we can't have another mess like Freak Show again.

source

1 comment:

Bob said...

I'm liking AHS: FS, but do feel that it's kinda kitchen sink TV, in that Murphy is throwing everything into the show. I'd like a more edited version please.
And, though it probably won't happen, I'd like Lange back next year, too.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.