Friday, January 16, 2015

The next NBC Live Music Event could be The Wiz


This could be good or a hot ass mess.

NBC’s entertainment chairman Robert Greenblatt has optioned the rights for Music Man and The Wiz, but let's focus on The Wiz. The network could score huge ratings with The Wiz, if done right. I could see this working out if the cast is tight and the set is very creative.

Hopefully, they will choose The Wiz. It would check off the diversity box and NBC needs the diverse viewership. So, they should go with The Wiz.

source

2 comments:

Glenn Ingersoll said...

I go with The Wiz, too. I only knew it by the movie version and a friend encouraged me to see it on stage. Sweet and fun! It would be nice to get on tape a version other than that dreary Hollywood thing.

Anonymous said...

It has been a while since I saw The Music Man, but isn't there some really outdated racism and/or sexism going on in it?

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.