Thursday, May 9, 2013

Just because I'm Black, doesn't make me a Top


Some gay men may need training about race and sexual roles.

For some (stupid) reason, guys still believe if you're, Asian you're automatically a bottom and if you're Black, you're a top.

This is no joke. Guys have approached me assuming that I am a top. In fact, one guy tried to convince me that I was a top. Seriously?

If you are over the age of 30, you shouldn't be making horrible generalizations like that. I'm not a top, so please don't get excited thinking of racial stereotypes when you think of me.

Fantasies are cool, but assumptions are not. If you like a guy, please don't believe foolish stereotypes. Just ask.

You will feel better about it later.

6 comments:

Roger Poladopoulos said...

So true, my friend! Excellent point that is applicable beyond merely the sexual context!

behrmark said...

I've never understood why sexual role was so important. Can't we all just cuddle?

Rusty said...

yeah its super annoying. Especially hearing over and over "oh I thought you were a thug/bad boy/tough guy.." and all of them turning out to be extremely sexually boring and submissive, looking for a "Man" to do all the work.

kayman said...

LMAO, I've gone over this one once before on my own blog.

http://blkindependent.blogspot.com/2012/10/im-going-to-dedicate-5-minutes-of-my.html

It's tacky and sad how some white guys stereotype black guys and assign us to a specify sexual role. Uh negative.

Anonymous said...

I can be a top or bottom it doesn't matter to me at all.

Unknown said...

Eye roll at roles . . . it still baffles me

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.