Sunday, May 12, 2013

Interesting Quote: Chris Kluwe


Chris on being an advocate for marriage equality.
“To me it’s something that, if I’m going to remembered for something, I’d rather be remembered for something that helps people’s lives, that keeps children from wanting to kill themselves as opposed to playing football,” he said. “As much as I love playing football, and I really do enjoy playing football, there are serious societal issues that plague our civilization. And there are things that we need to address. And if no one ever speaks out, nothing ever gets changed.”
source

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy he said this, but at the same time I'm troubled that there's no news on whether another NFL team will bring him in.

It's possible they might want to see what they have with rookie camps underway this weekend, but if he's not signed by the end of June I'm calling BS on the Vikings and the NFL not blackballing him.

Anonymous said...

This is the second guy that has stood up for equal marriage in the NFL and got booted. I like to know what is being done about this?

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.