Tuesday, August 11, 2009

This is Self-Hate


In the 2005, Steven Pomie attacked Dwan Prince and left him partially paralyzed. Steven was sent to prison

Then years later, Dwan sent Steven a letter that... Get ready... Thanked him for beating the gay out of him. Dwan also blamed himself for the beating.

I'm not making this up, y'all. In fact...
“I was at blame so it is my to my strongest degree that you get out as soon as possible,” Prince wrote.

“Steve you changed me! So hopefully when you get out we can hang out. You know me. I know you. I help you calm that angry machine down. And allow you to know I am not gay but a lover, and you can find me a female I can love and can love me.”
Prince has been attending a Bible study class at the Riverside Church, a liberal congregation, but he said he has not discussed his changed sexual orientation there.

“I am looking to change my life these days,” Prince, who is HIV-positive, told Gay City News. “I am looking for a female who I can marry and have my sperm washed and have children... With me going to church, I feel myself that I must try to live by the Bible, I must try to live by God’s law.”

Sad, completely and utterly sad. This man blames himself. How can he be this confused? This story is going to bother me for a long time.

source

8 comments:

Unknown said...

THIS IS BEYOND SAD...

Kyle Leach said...

I agree this is very sad, but we're looking at this from the other side of the long dark tunnel that is self acceptance. Think of how many GLBT people would seek to change themselves if they actually could. Fighting against the tide is extremely hard. I only hope that he learns to love himself and I hope that day comes soon.

Kevin said...

So what happens when some racist bastard beats him up because he's black? He needs to find a compass and embrace his underlying problem.

lelocolon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
YvesPaul said...

The logical explanation could be that the bashers gave him a threat or he just want attention. Or he got hit in the head too hard?

Prince Todd said...

When I read this I wanted to gay bash him myself.
Then I took stock...
This is probably a man, from a virulently homophobic upbringing, who was probably made to feel like he did something--being gay--to bring that on.
I know people like him. They spend their lives in prayer trying to "cast out a demon" as opposed to simply being happy being themselves.
He is so sad and so pathetic.

However, I tend to agree with Yves. He musta been beat down but GOOD. Now he is delusional because of it. Maybe he needs an MRI?

Prince Todd said...

When I read this I wanted to gay bash him myself.
Then I took stock...
This is probably a man, from a virulently homophobic upbringing, who was probably made to feel like he did something--being gay--to bring that on.
I know people like him. They spend their lives in prayer trying to "cast out a demon" as opposed to simply being happy being themselves.
He is so sad and so pathetic.

However, I tend to agree with Yves. He musta been beat down but GOOD. Now he is delusional because of it. Maybe he needs an MRI?

Allan S. said...

Opps, Sorry V, I posted my comment under the hubby's name. Here it is again:

I think this guy is suffering from some type of mental illness. I think his statement reveals a detachment from reality.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.