Saturday, August 29, 2009

Interesting Quote: Lauren Bacall


"Yes, I saw Twilight - my granddaughter made me watch it, she said it was the greatest vampire film ever. After the 'film' was over I wanted to smack her across her head with my shoe, but I do not want a (tell-all) book called Grannie Dearest written on me when I die. So instead I gave her a DVD of Murnau's 1922 masterpiece Nosferatu and told her, 'Now that's a vampire film!' And that goes for all of you! Watch Nosferatu instead!"



Agreed



source

4 comments:

Eric Arvin said...

LOL. Fantastic!

Daddy Squeeze Me! said...

YOU KNOW THEY DONT MAKE MOVIES ANYMORE. JUST FLOPS! WERQ LAUREN....MY THIRD FAVORITE ACTRESS UNDER BETTE DAVIS AND ANGELA LANSBURY.

Allan S. said...

Granny don't play. Good for her she choose to educate rather than engage in physical abuse.

Joy said...

Oh how I identify with this! As you know, I read those damned books because of my granddaughter and had the same reaction. That movie didn't take away as much of her time as those horrible books did mine. I muttered "stalker vampire boyfriend" and "co-dependent Bella" and creepy Jacob imprinting on the baby of the girl he supposedly was in love with. I wanted to smack my granddaughter to her senses but will bide my time.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.