Friday, August 28, 2009

Rob Zombie wants to remake The Blob


Why? Why? Whyyy is this happening? I like Rob Zombie, I'm a fan, but why?
Zombie will write, direct and produce a remake of the 1958 horror classic that launched the career of Steve McQueen. Production will begin next spring.

Zombie's deal to make "The Blob" his next film comes as Dimension opens "Halloween II," the Zombie-directed sequel to his 2007 hit "Halloween."

In the original "Blob," an object from space crashes into a field, containing a red blob-like substance that absorbs the humans it contacts and grows exponentially. While Zombie was a fan of the original, he's formulated a decidedly different take that he would not reveal.

"My intention is not to have a big red blobby thing -- that's the first thing I want to change," Zombie said. "That gigantic Jello-looking thing might have been scary to audiences in the 1950s, but people would laugh now."

Rob wants update the already updated Blob movie?

I can't tell you why, but I will say that I'm so inspired to buy the new Final Draft script writing software. I can't sit here and take this madness anymore.

source

1 comment:

Greg said...

Didn't someone already re-make The Blob into something very '80s?

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.