Monday, August 31, 2009

Marvel + Disney = Fear in this Comic Book fan
























I'm not sure how I feel about this piece of news right now, but I fear for the worst.

The Walt Disney Co. claims it is acquiring Marvel Entertainment Inc. for $4 billion in cash and stock. In other words, they want to bring Ororo, Jean Grey and The Wasp into the Disney family and make them princesses.

Then, there's this...
Under the deal, Disney will acquire ownership of 5,000 Marvel characters. Disney said Monday that Marvel shareholders will receive $30 per share in cash plus 0.745 Disney shares for every Marvel share they own.

It said the boards of Disney and Marvel have both approved the transaction, but it requires an antitrust review and the approval of Marvel shareholders.

I feel like Disney will make Dr. Doom and Mr. Sinister best friends and the Fantastic Four a family that fights for love and peace in the kingdom. I hope the shareholders stand their ground and make tight demands.

I mean, look at Spider-Man the musical, that's enough to convince me this could be a bad idea.

5 comments:

Prince Todd said...

Okay, I just got hella excited because I can seriously imagine Ororo getting the princess treatment and it being absolutely FABULOUS!

Jamie Paisley said...

Why not, Superman has already been a musical: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It%27s_a_Bird%E2%80%A6It%27s_a_Plane%E2%80%A6It%27s_Superman

EMikeGarcia said...

LOL at "Ororo, Jean Grey and The Wasp... make them princesses."

Oh, wait... That's not a funny thought.

Unknown said...

Now I'm embarrased. I was sorta looking forward to the Spiderman Musical.

Wonder Man said...

You still can, don't be ashamed

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.