Thursday, August 20, 2009

Interesting Quote: Roxanne Greene


We've had to deal with threats as we leave the courthouse and messages on my phone. People act like we took something from them. They took something from us!

I want DeLee to get life without parole. Transgenders are human beings like anyone else. Who are we to say that people shouldn't be who they want to be? Parents need to realize you can't turn your kid away. You're all they have and I knew that with Lateisha. If felt like as long as I supported her, she would know we were there for her and that's what matters.


I just received a letter from the state about the new hate crimes bill that would include protection for transgenders. I'm getting ready to go to Albany to speak and get this bill passed in Lateisha's name. I will never forget the look on my child's face the day she died in front of our house and I hope people can understand that.


She is the mother of Lateisha Green... Stay strong, Roxie.

The story is here

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.