Saturday, August 29, 2009

Birthday Un-Surprise

One morning, the cats were playing with some rolly thing in our guest bedroom. Whatever they were playing with kept banging against the wall, making this loud noise.

It was 5 AM, so my partner, Jamie, got up to see what it was.

About 5 minutes later, he returned with a glowing ball and said the cats were playing with it under the bed. Then, he thank me for his birthday gift, which I had hidden under the guest bed (his b-day is this Tuesday).

That gift is the Enterprise E model, a Star Trek space ship.

Yes, we are both geeks.

7 comments:

Daddy Squeeze Me! said...

iii hate startrek n shit...but honey that was sooo sweet. :)

**claps**


*DELLA!

Damien said...

It was so sweet - and is it wrong that the "E" gives me wood :) ?

lelocolon said...

I love space ships never collected one, though. I used to love the original lost In Space spacecraft. Cool post.

EMikeGarcia said...

Awww... Geek love is awesome.

Joy said...

I wonder what happened to the one my son had. It's probably somewhere in their house along with his wife's Star Wars dolls.

Joy said...

Oh, and btw, it's much better when geeks pair with geeks! (for everyone) ;-)

Unknown said...

well, that is an awesome way to find a gift. LOL- quite a story he'll have.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.