Sunday, August 23, 2009

Another Spawn Movie?


Wow, this is a blast from the past.

Todd McFarlane wants to make another Spawn movie. The first movie was alright, but the HBO cartoon series was a much, much better.

However, Todd wants back on the screen...
"Spawn" creator Todd McFarlane has announced that he has officially begun writing the screenplay for a new movie based on the character. "The story has been in my head for 7 or 8 years," McFarlane said. "The movie idea is neither a recap or continuation. It is a standalone story that will be R-rated. Creepy and scary."

I hope it's good, Todd... But will folks want to see Spawn after all this time?


source

4 comments:

lelocolon said...

I do.

Unknown said...

I think it's a good idea. Haven't read Spawn in years, but the first 40+ issues were excellent in my opinion. And the next 40 issues were... OK. Todd hadn't been a contributer to the comics industry in ages, rather concentrating on action figures. So, i think this will be a move in the right direction. (Whether he's trying to help action figure or comics sales.) And after the success of R Rated movis like Matrix & Blade, why has he waited so long. Besides, Spawn couldn't be much worse than some of the movies that make it to the silver screen anyway. :) I get long winded on comic book subjects.

Prince Todd said...

I love Spawn! Always have. Yeah, the first movie was mediocre (and pretty much bastardized the story). It is due for a reboot. Spawn is such an enduring character with an excellent back story. This can definitely be done.

WilsonW said...

Feels like he's hopping on the bandwagon a bit. (Maybe green that YoungBlood has gotten Greenlit.) But I think SPawn's time has kinda come and gone. But that could be a good thing. I wouldn't be as interested in seeing a flick on him right now as I would've been when I was in highschool. And that was a LOOOOONNGGGGG Time ago! LOL!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.