Sunday, August 23, 2009

WHAT IF: Quentin Tarantino directed the G.I. Joe movie


I just saw Inglourious Basterds, which is a wonderful film, BTW.

Anywho after 2 hours and 40 minutes of this film, I realized that Quentin could have wrote and directed the G.I. Joe movie.

Could you see it? We would have an action packed, raw, gritty and America-in-your-face movie that G.I. Joe was meant to be. Imagine Quentin's version of Cobra Commander or Destro... The Baroness would've been devilish hot and dangerous.

The Joes would have been funny, real and the violent soldiers we (old school fans) would cream for.
I'm sure he would've delivered 3 hours of Yo Joe madness. I'm almost high from the idea of this fantasy.

Goddess, if I could, I would've begged him to do the G.I. Joe movie. Quentin's version would've been historic. Like Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Death Proof and his other projects, his version would have ruled the summer flicks.

4 comments:

lelocolon said...

The movie trailer for GI Joe, looked more like a nickelodean toys add than a movie. I am into gadgets and action, but spear me the time. I think even elementary school students will find the movie laughable. The people that made this movie are more influence by Sunday Schools Christian policies, than by the NRA. If they keep thinking that children are incapable of decoding their crap, their surprise will come at the box office, after GI Joe collapses. Yeah and I agree with you Quentin Tarantino should produce a version of it. It will be fun, are least the dead scene more convincing.

Unknown said...

Agreed. Quentin is brilliant, his personality & flair would have been perfect for GI Joe. And Inglorious Basterds... I feel the exact same way. The only way to describe it is "Wonderful."

Greg said...

Now that sounds like a movie I would see. I've not heard much good about the current incarnation of it.

Prince Todd said...

I'll watch ANYTHING Tarantino has a hand in. Inglourious Basterds was just off the RICHTER!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.