Thursday, August 13, 2009

I DON"T want a Gay Real House (Rent) Boy Show


Hera help us if this is true.

So, the folks behind the Real Housewives drama are thinking about doing a gay version.

Now you may rejoice, but please look at this email from Beth Bigler from True Entertainment.
I'm looking for the hottest young, fabulous gay men NYC has to offer for an upcoming docu-series. These boys need to be living the good life, keeping up with all the hottest shopping, restaurants, and clubs, and preferably have lots of drama keeping them busy at all hours of the day…and night.

I'd love for them to be in a relationship, and we're looking for diversity in those relationships – especially younger/older dynamics.
Do any of your friends fit this bill? We all know SOMEONE who needs to have their own TV show, right?

Diversity in those relationships? How about diversity in race, size, style and lifestyle.

I'm sick of this Gay= party boi and fashion clown notion.

This is the last thing we need. I don't want millions of cretins feeling justified about their distorted view of us. This possible mess will not do us any favors. Actually, if this is the premise of the series, I will use my hex bolts to SHUT IT DOWN.

We need positive images and positive people in the limelight. Having a bunch of silly bitches running around NYC, acting like they're 16 ain't the deal. I mean look at the PK or PJ from NYC Prep, I don't want to see grown versions of that travesty.

Now, I could jumping the gun here, but knowing Bravo, we will get the not-so-cute side of our community.

So no, Bravo, I can't go for that.

6 comments:

J. Clarence said...

What is Andy Cohen thinking at Bravo!?

This is just makes the case once again why Reality TV is everything but reality?

And I enjoy the Silver Foxes of this world just as much as anyone, but why is that a relationship dynamic that we must "especially" highlight.

Bravo needs to gets its act together.

Unknown said...

I GUESS WE HAVE TO KEEP PUSHING THE STEROTYPES FORWARD...

Prince Todd said...

Okay, the guys in that picture are gay men that I--as a gay man--go out of my way to avoid. So, needless to say this will be about perpetuating stereotypes.
But on the flip side I've never seen any of those housewives shows. It's all sensationalistic garbage. This is for ratings and not enlightenment.
Meh, I'll pass...for sure.
I'd love for someone to do a docudrama for television about the gay experience in America, from ALL angles...

Prince Todd said...

Oh, and no you didn't say "I can't go for that..." Gone head hall and oats...LOL!

kayman said...

Yeah, we all know Bravo is what I dub the "Yuppie" stereotype network. It assumes that everybody is the stereotype, but from a young, urban professional perspective.

I highly doubt we'll ever see a racially diverse cast of gays on any reality shows on Bravo.

David Dust said...

FYI: Andy Cohen of Bravo tweeted today that this is NOT a Bravo project, and that Bravo has absolutely no interest in it.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.