Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Darnell “Dynasty” Young has been expelled


Yesterday, Darnell was expelled from school. His family found out late last night that he was expelled until January 2013.

He will miss months of school and I'm not sure if he has alternative school as an option.

Indystar.com reports:



"I couldn’t believe that they did it," Grimes said. "They really kicked him out."
Grimes and Young can appeal to the Indianapolis Public Schools school board and the courts if necessary, but Grimes said they're still weighing their options. Young said he plans to get his GED and go to college.
Well, if he's expelled, what about the 6 kids who bullied him? What's their punishment?

2 comments:

Bob said...

As I said before, I have a hard time with this one. i think he and his family could have done something, with the school, the district, the school board, local politicians, even the media, rather than allow him to take a weapon to school.
I wish he wasn't bullied, but a stun gun is not the answer.

Unknown said...

I agree w/ Bob. I'm really on his side... but when a bullied kid takes a gun to school... that's what Columbine was. The school has an obligation of zero tolerance on that.
Of course, there is way too much abuse of gay and transgendered (and other) kids. But that doesn't make the gun ok.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.