|pic from Haus of David tumblr|
Madonna fans, here's the thing... MDNA flopped. According to her record company and William Orbit, the CD is a fail.
So how did this happened? William Orbit has his reasons, but I also have mine.
- The first single, Give Me All Your Lovin was a bad choice. It was not a radio friendly song or club friendly. And she depended too much on her guest stars. It wasn't a good song to start with.
- The songs were all over the place. Nothing gelled together or had anything to say. It was a dance album, but weak. Right now, we are flooded with dance CDs (Skrillex, David Guetta) and MDNA just didn't measure up.
- The writing.... Madonna should not write any songs (Girls Gone Wild is Horrid). It was tough to listen to the lyrics without laughing. I felt like I was listening to Pizazz from The Misfits.
- She offered nothing new in this CD. Again there are tons of new music popping out. Madonna should have pushed for a new sound and challenged the public. All she did was put out stereotypical gay dance CD that quickly got lost in the mix.
- She limited her appeal. What made Madonna powerful was her universal appeal. Yes, we are a loyal fanbase (the gays), but we are fickle. Catering just to us is very risky, especially when the younger generation are searching for something innovative. She should have return to her roots and be an overall pop artist.