Friday, April 2, 2010

I want to go Home... But I don't know why


I have been really thinking about my hometown, Union City, Tennessee.
So much happened there: my birth, my love for boys and comic books, my first heartbreak and my first bj (giving).

For some reason, I'm drawn back to the area. I don't know why, I just want to go back to the small neighborhoods and the long nights of boredom.

So, I think I'm going to spend a few days down South. I need to figure out why I have this need to return home. Is it something there that's unresolved? I don't know... I don't know why Union City has become a part of my summer travel plans.

It's interesting really, I spent most of my teen years trying to get out and now, I want to go back.

Crazy

5 comments:

Nice to see StevieB said...

Isn't that a Rupaul song?

Greg Blackshear said...

U know I'm mad that you felt the need to qualify your first bj (giving) lol

Eduardo Guize said...

I totally understand. I miss my hometown too, and for some reason I always start missing it when I'm traveling a lot and I feel like "hmm... I'm going anywhere but home, that's not right". I see you've been traveling a lot lately so maybe that's why. Enjoy the trip anyway!

Allan S. said...

I get homesick for Brooklyn every now and then. I think it's a good idea to visit for a short spell, and soak in the old memories and make some new ones.

Anonymous said...

It's nice to go back for a while, it gives you some perspective.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.