Thursday, April 22, 2010

Robert Downey Jr. as the Wizard of Oz?


Interesting rumor...
What would you think of Robert Downey Jr. as the wizard of Oz?

Word around town, according to the Los Angeles Times, is that he's talking to producers about the role in the new prequel to the classic Wizard of Oz film.

The wizard, who in the L. Frank Baum books was a charlatan in Kansas before arriving in Oz, is a darker, more complex character than the doddering wizard of the MGM musical.

Could he do it? Will it be fun? I don't know, but I will give a shot.


source

2 comments:

Kyle Leach said...

V, I could see him in the role, but they would have to sell me on the prequel content.

Stan in NH said...

He could do it because he's talented and could pull it off. Personally, I think Jim Broadbent would be a better fit for it. He could do the "Frank Morgan-thing" a lot better.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.