Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Want to know what happens at an Ex-Gay Camp?


I read this and realized how sad the world is.

Anywho, I came across this article and wanted to share an activity they do in these Erase Gayness Camps.
"For this next exercise," says one of the staff, "Try to keep an open mind."

Three staff members take a seat in the middle of the room. They demonstrate three different "healing touch" techniques.

First: Side-by-side, where two men sit shoulder-to-shoulder, facing the same direction, their legs outstretched in front of them. The man giving the Healing Touch puts one arm around the receiver.

Second: The Cohen Hold, named after "certified sexual re-orientation coach" and Healing Touch pioneer Richard Cohen. For this position, the receiver sits between the legs of the giver, their chests perpendicular, the receiver's head resting on the giver's shoulder. The giver encircles his arms around the receiver.

Third: The Motorcycle. The receiver again sits between the legs of the giver; this time, the receiver leans his back up against the chest of the giver. Again, the giver wraps his arms around the receiver.

The Guide leans back and opens up his legs. I scoot between his thighs, turn away from his face, and lean back while he wraps his arms around me. I flash back to a night months before, when a then-girlfriend held me the same way. She lit candles. We drank wine and later had sex.

At the Guide's direction, the other men from the group place their hands on my arms, legs, and chest. This is so they can impart their healing masculine energy to me.

[...]

The Guide whispers in my ear how I used to be the Golden Child, how everything was wonderful before someone hurt me, how I put up walls to protect myself, and now it was time for those walls to come down.

Like so many times that night, I'm trying not to crack up.

That's sounds like pre-gaming before an orgy.


source

2 comments:

SteveA said...

Not sure what to make of it - sounds like jibberish!

Anonymous said...

Click through on the Source link and then go to the Alternet site.

The first paragraph:



Photo Credit: Jamison Wieser


LIKE THIS ARTICLE ?
Join our mailing list:
Sign up to stay up to date on the latest headlines via email.



Petitions by Change.org|Get Widget|Start a Petition »


I don’t remember exactly when I felt his erection pressing into my back. It might have been while he whispered in my ear, “Long ago, you were the Golden Child. But, somehow, that Golden Child was hurt, and you put up a wall to protect yourself.” Or it might have been when other men in the room broke out in song:


Then of course you can search about Michael Bussee.

Bussee was one of the original co-founders of Exodus International. And he pretty much tells it that it's pure bullshit.

There is no conversion, no presto changeo thing, you're still gay.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.