Friday, February 5, 2010

I'm writing a Movie!


Over the past month, I've been writing a movie.

It's a fantasy/horror flick with a little bit of "gay" mixed in. I realized we don't have anything really strong in this genre, so I thought I'll take a chance.

My movie focuses on Erin, a newly-out guy who's forced to live with grandmother and aunt after his parents kick him out. As he tries to adjust in the southern small town, he meets a charming guy named Jackson. But Jackson is more than just 'charming', he's a descendant from something very ancient and very deadly (NOT A VAMPIRE, WEREWOLF or an ANGEL). Of course the 2 boys fall for each other, but Jackson has a past that comes back in spades and then the drama really starts. There's blood, murder, Peter Pan references, flying, heavy kissing but no sex... yet.

For the record, I suck at pitches.

Once I'm done (which is very soon), I will continue to tweak it; perhaps use it in my class this summer. Maybe by then, I will have a title for my little gay film.

8 comments:

Eric Arvin said...

Awesome! Good luck with it!

Anonymous said...

This sounds great!! Good luck with it.

behrmark said...

I think it's great you've got the creative juices flowing and are writing a movie. Perhaps we'll one day soon see you at Cannes!

Greg Blackshear said...

This sounds interesting. I'm wit it!

You said "A little fantasy/horror with a little gay mixxed in" I give you...Jeepers Creepers 2!!

Kyle Leach said...

I'm in for it V! You had me at fantasy/horror/gay.

TOY COUTURE said...

Sounds good!!! Its something lacking and needed

Unknown said...

I'm having trouble kickstarting a creative project... but I must say, Good for You! :)
And go ahead and put that sex in it!

Prince Todd said...

You've just inspired me to go forth and start writing my own supernatural, subtley gay themed, story...lol.
Good for you!
I hope we meet in real life and collaborate or something!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.