Thursday, May 7, 2009

Interesting Quote: DC's Mayor, Adrian Fenty


''I think you can certainly anticipate that [gay marriage] is in the future of the District of Columbia. How soon, we don't know. But this is a huge step forward in being -- having a law that recognizes marriages from other jurisdictions. And I do believe that nationally there's movement on this issue. Just in the past six to 12 months -- you just announced Maine being the latest state to grant same-sex marriages. I think, just as marriage used to prohibit people from different races from being able to marry each other in this country, and that was done away with; I think prohibiting same-sex marriage will be done away with also in this country.''

Mayor Fenty talking about D.C.'s future

1 comment:

Ian said...

I always knew Adrian was a brother going places, even back in high school. Glad to see he's done wonders as Mayor and is open-minded! Kudos to him...

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.