Thursday, March 5, 2009

Not your Hanna Barbera's Wonder Woman


I just had the pleasure of watching the new Wonder Woman animated DVD. This movie is TRULY AMAZING!

I can't believe how wonderful the story was. It's a bit different than George Perez's version, but it's nothing less than excellent. The Amazons are truly warriors and Diana actually KILLS. Yes, the Diva cracks some necks, beheads, and slices folks up in this movie.

Goddess, I love this version! What took them so long to make this? Oh man, I really feeling this version of Wonder Woman! Please, if you love Wonder Woman...GET THIS DVD!

And also we have to encourage DC Comics to do more great animated movies. These flicks are true to the fans and we get a great story every time.

I f***ing loved this movie!

2 comments:

Son of Baldwin said...

My review is coming this weekend.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this as well. But when Ares was saying he had the strength of Hercules, speed of Hermes and stuff like that. I was expecting those things to somehow transfer to her after she beat him, since those are actually her attributes. (And why couldn't she fly??) But who knows what will come in the future!! Good start, about time they gave Wondy her own flick.

I did however think she was a bit too skinny and lanky. Justice League and Justice League Unlimited to me are the pinnacle characterizations of her animated or on film for me.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.